Shabby Blog Background

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Praying for our Kids - Part Two

I recently blogged about how the girls and I have started praying in the car together before we go inside their school each morning. It has just been amazing! It has really meant something to Ann Catherine. I guess she is just getting to that age where she can absorb more.

Yesterday, I forgot all about it. We walked into her classroom (me, her and LB) and as I was kissing her goodbye she said, "Mommy, we didn't pray!" So the three of us huddled in the corner and prayed. I just thought it was so neat that it meant that much to her! Today as we pulled into the parking lot, she said, "Mommy, let's pray!" It has just touched my heart that she reminds me each morning. I pray it gives them peace and comfort, because I know it has for me.

When I blogged about this last week my friend Hillary left a comment that she had a prayer chart she would share with me. Here is the link to it.

Prayer is so powerful! What a privilege we have to lift up those we love each day.

3 comments:

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

I have started doing this with Sam. Praying in the car is such a great idea. Like you said I have always gotten so caught up in rushin around to get ready and not made time for it! I hope it means as much to Sam as it has to me!!

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

Well this morning on the way to school the same happened to us... I was driving along listening to the music and Sam was playing his DS. We were almost to school and he reminded me that we hadnt prayed!!!
Thanks so much for the encouragement to have this prayer time!!

Amy said...

Jennifer, How cool is that?! I love that we can all share what works with each other. And how awesome that Sam is enjoying it!