Shabby Blog Background

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Picture Day!

The girls had picture day at school today. Not individuals pictures but that cute class picture where the girls sit in the front, and the boys stand in back. (Do you remember those??)

Picture day is such a big deal growing up. And then you look back at those pictures and you think, "Seriously??! I put this on and everyone agreed it looked good??"

I wonder if fifteen years down the road my girls will think the same thing??





On a side note, LB is all into "I can do it by myself!!"

Now, I am all about my kids learning how to do things for themselves, but when it comes to dressing themselves it can be maddening. I mean, have you ever watched a three-year-old try to put on tights??!

And LB isn't one of those kids who will finally give in and let you help her. Oh no. She's will keep trying even if it takes her four hours.

So this morning, AC gets herself dressed (tights and all). I think I might have gone a little overboard on the praise, because LB decided she was going to do it all by herself too.

That's fine except LB was wearing a shirt, jumper and tights. Not exactly easy to get all that on by yourself.

Luckily, we had plenty of time because it took LB a while, but let me tell you, that little girl did do it all by herself!

Tights and all!

I was very proud of her. And so was she :)

No comments: