Shabby Blog Background

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Heart Day!

We woke up on this Valentine's Day to this in the back yard...



and this in the front!



You have to be from the South to understand how crazy this is. Growing up in this region of the U.S., we maybe got snow once a year. In just one week, it has snowed three times!! That is crazy.

The girls were excited when they looked out the window and saw it. Then they remembered it was Valentine's Day and they were over the snow and ready to get their loot! :)

As I have shared before, this is Chris' special holiday to spend with the girls. He chooses their gifts and gives them to them. He gave them both candy and a new DVD. AC got the "I Heart Jonas" DVD and the screaming could be heard down the street!



It also came with Jonas Brothers magnets which now grace my dishwasher (AC says Nick is the cutest! :).



LB got a Nickolodean DVD about friends. She loved it!



I got beautiful pinkish-orange roses...



But my favorite gift actually came yesterday.

Chris got up with the girls and let me sleep in. About an hour later, I heard the door open and the girls said, "Happy Valentine's Day, mommy!" They were bringing me breakfast in bed!! Chris made me eggs, bacon and coffee and put it on a breakfast tray that someone gave us when we got married. It was so sweet and the girls were beside themselves. They crawled in bed with me (and devoured my bacon!) and kept saying, "Do you like it, mommy?" I asked AC who's idea it was and she said, "Daddy's because he loves you so much."

Those words from her were the best Valentine's gift I could have ever received. They were just so proud of themselves - and their daddy.

Tonight we made red velvet cupcakes with vanilla icing. Yummy!! I let the girls help and after we made the batter, they both got to sample.



Not such a good idea with red icing. I turned my head and LB looked like this!!



As Chris said, not the best idea to let them do it in nice clothes. Luckily, the stains came out!

And they waited and waited in front of oven for the cupcakes to bake.



I forgot to take pictures of the final product, but let me tell you, they were delicious! Hope you all had a great day!

1 comment:

Claire Aiello said...

Love it! Glad the stains came out, too.

Elena LOVES the Jonas brothers, too. She likes Joe the best - I like him, and Nick.

I love reading your blog!

Claire