Shabby Blog Background

Friday, February 12, 2010

Cooking Up Love

Sometimes I have to put aside my need for things to be perfect - and just let my kids have fun.

Today was one of those days.

The girls decorated Valentine's cookies - icing, sprinkles, the whole nine yards!




I let them do it all by themselves - as evidenced below when you see the final product - and they had so much fun. (Short aside: there is just no way to use sprinkles without getting them all over the place, you know? This time I put them in a bowl and let the girls get a pinch with their fingers and sprinkle them over the cookies. And I STILL had sprinkles everywhere!)

These are cookies only a mommy could love. After all, how sanitary is it when LB spreads the icing, licks it off her knife and then spreads again??!



Aren't they yummy looking? :)




You might as well just inject pure sugar into your veins. But you know what? The girls had a blast and that's what it's all about!

1 comment:

hamradiotv said...

Amy, I can see that the girl's love to cook. Now you no what they could be when they are both order right?Man and i only do tv dinners .