Shabby Blog Background

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Our Best Gift Ever!!

Chris was the first to wake up this morning. He immediately came back into the bedroom.

"The ground is white!" he said.

Chris is always messing with me so I said, "stop it" and rolled back over.

"No, really!" he said. So I hopped up. And sure enough, there it was.

When the kids woke up I said, "Before you go see what Santa left, look out the window."

They did. And they screamed. Especially my native Florida niece and nephew who only see snow on trips to Colorado.



Chris, who has never had a non-white Christmas, has a hard time understanding what the fuss is all about. I told him this morning when you grow up in the south, you go to bed each Christmas Eve praying for snow, only to wake up and see the dreary brown ground.

Finally we got a White Christmas!

So AC's bike...



...and beauty salon were a big hit!



And LB finally got her dollhouse!



She also loved her Tiana dress and Cinderella DVD.



But the white stuff outside? That was the best gift of all!




Chris pulled the girls on the sled,




AC pulled LB,



Ally and Will built snowmen,




and Chris taught AC and LB to throw some mean snowballs!




Don't eat the yellow snow!



At lunch today as we all said what we were thankful for, Chris said, "That my girls finally got to experience a Christmas like I did as a child."

A white Christmas - how wonderful!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: