Shabby Blog Background

Friday, May 25, 2007

Three Day Weekend!

In the twelve years since I graduated college, I have NEVER had Memorial Day off.

EVER.

Television news is 24/7. It doesn't stop for holidays. Someone has to anchor the news.

I often tell college graduates that. If you aren't willing to work crazy hours and holidays, find another career.

In fact, it's one reason why I did just that.

At some television stations, the main anchors never work holidays. But when I worked as the main female anchor at WHNT, we all pulled our weight. I was lucky enough my last couple of years to not have to work Christmas or Thanksgiving, but I did work other holidays.

But this year, our office at the Huntsville Hospital Foundation is closed for Memorial Day. I've never worked somewhere that closed for a holiday.

That means THREE days with Chris, Ann Catherine and Lily. I can't wait for us to spend that time together. I am so looking forward to it!

I hope you have a safe and happy holiday weekend. And while our nation is at war, take a moment to remember those this weekend who aren't with us because they died making the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

There are moms and children out there who will spend this Memorial Day without the ones they love. Some are only separated temporarily. Others permanently.

As you spend time with your family this weekend, say a prayer for those who can't be together.

No comments: