Shabby Blog Background

Monday, May 7, 2007

Classic Crazy!

That's what I'm calling this week at work.

The Huntsville Classic Dinner and Golf Tournament is this weekend and it's the Huntsville Hospital Foundation's biggest fundraiser of the year. Things are pretty crazy at the office! The proceeds from this year's event will raise money to buy five pieces of cutting-edge medical equipment. KC & the Sunshine Band will play at the dinner Friday night at the VBC South Hall. Should be a lot of fun!! Tickets are still available. Just call the Foundation office at 265-8077. Then stop by Friday night to "Do a Little Dance...Get Down Tonight!"

After that, the Foundation's next big event is Swim for Melissa. Even though it's not until August, we're already working on it! I'll disclose details soon. In the meantime, be thinking of any children you know who are 5-14 and would like to form a team of eight to swim. The swim event is Saturday, August 11 at the Hampton Cove pool from 9am-12pm. It's not a competitive swim. Kids can swim one lap or 20. We just want them to get donations and then show up and have fun! We're are working now to sign up our teams. If you are interested, email me at amy.george@hhsys.org or call the Foundation at the number above. ALL proceeds will go to the Melissa George Neonatal Memorial Fund to buy life-saving equipment for the Neonatal ICU.

Speaking of the fund, we don't have any final numbers yet, but it looks like the fashion show that the duMidi Women's Club held last week will raise about $6000 for Melissa's Fund! As soon as I get a final number, I'll pass it on. The duMidis have always been so supportive of Melissa's Fund. They helped with last year's Swim for Melissa and Spirit of Hope tree lighting. I am so grateful to them for all of their help! And remember the Huntsville Quarter Midget Racing Association I told you about in an earlier post? The charity race raised $1175 for Melissa's Fund. Thanks to Terry Maples and everyone involved!

We are getting ready to make another purchase for the NICU! Stay tuned!!

2 comments:

KimBlack said...

Hello Amy, I have ticket for the event Friday already, I know its going to be a blast and I will bring my husband and the twins to the Cove to swim for the cause, raise money and loose a little around the mid section at the same time. I am very happy with all the support you've been getting for the NICU it is amazing, you've been a blessing to the unit, with the fashion shows, fund raisers, car racing, beautiful events at beautiful places all for such a wonderful cause is breathtaking, I am so happy for you and will be there to support you in all events possible.

Amy said...

kimblack,
That is awesome! When you get a chance email me at amy.george@hhsys.org so I can tell you more about Swim for Melissa. If your twins are 5 or older, they can swim. If not, you can still come and enjoy the family fun day!