Shabby Blog Background

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Lily's Special Night



Ok, I know I promised that the next post would contain pictures of our trip to Canada. But I'm going to change gears because Lily was in pure Heaven last night!

We went to Sesame Street Live! - Elmo's Green Thumb at the VBC last night. Let me just say, what a treat for my girls, especially LB!



AC is out of the Elmo phase, although she will still watch it with Lily sometimes. But as a child, she LOVED Elmo. In fact, he was the first character that she really loved.

But Lily? Oh. My. Word. That child LOVES LOVES LOVES the little furry red monster. In fact, this is the picture we used on her birthday invitation last year.



So when Chris came home in July with a flyer about this show coming to the VBC I think my exact words were, "I don't care what it costs, just get four tickets!"

So off we went last night to see it. We were on the second row! As it started all of the Sesame Street characters started coming out, and I do mean all of them! Lily was shouting their names as they each came out and when they started singing the Sesame Street theme song, she was singing along so loud.

Is there anything that makes you happier as a mom than watching your child enjoy something that he/she loves? It was just precious.





On a funny note, AC associates the VBC with food because at every Havoc game the child has - and I am not making this up - a hot dog, a slice of pizza, a tub of popcorn and Dippin' Dots. All to herself. As Chris says, she has a hollow leg.

So yesterday she informed me that she was "going to Sesame Street Live! for the food."

And she didn't disappoint.

Here she is scarfing down her Dippin' Dots...



...and LB got in on the act with the giant tub of popcorn!



Funny moment of the night: some of you may remember this post when we went to Disney Live! Chris thought it was insane to buy those overpriced souvenirs but I persuaded him that even though they are a complete rip-off, it would be cruel to take the kids to an event like that and not get them something.

Fast forward to last night. I tell Chris when we get there that he has to get the girls something. So at intermission, he took Ann Catherine to get a souvenir. I told him to get LB an Elmo shirt.

So they come back and he says "Lily, look at your shirt!" She's all excited until she sees the Elmo toy that AC is holding. It lights up and twirls when you push a button.

"You didn't get Lily one of those?" I said.

"No, you told me to get her an Elmo shirt," he answered.

"I know I did, but you can't get AC a cool toy and just get Lily a t-shirt. What a rookie mistake!!"

I mean, this is not our first rodeo. We've had the two of them long enough to know that you have to be equal when it comes to stuff like this. "Look Lily, your sister just got this cool toy. Here's your t-shirt. Enjoy!"

So poor Chris trudged back to the souvenir table and got Lily her overpriced toy. (You can see it in the picture above).

Ridiculous? Yes. Did it keep them from fighting over the same toy? Yes. Completely worth it.

The highlight of the night was when Grover came over during the show and gave LB a big hug. (AC, by the way, wanted NOTHING to do with the big blue monster. She prefers to enjoy them from afar. ha!) Lily was still talking about it today.

And so was I :)

4 comments:

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

Fun times and memories :)
I agree these events are always pretty costly but the smile on your childs face is so worth it!!

~Jennifer

The Titsworth Family said...

I can't believe we didn't see you guys there! We were in the 2nd row too but we were on the right side (Oscar side). I think Emma and Lily would be best friends for life with their love for Elmo! :)

Amy said...

Brandy,
How funny. We were on the "Big Bird" side. I guess that's why we didn't see you. What fun!

Amy

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

SO much fun!! Our boys had the same reaction with Thomas. They could NOT BELIEVE that Thomas was right there talking to them! It was awesome!!
Glad y'all had a great time and that was all the talk at pre-school today! ha!!