Shabby Blog Background

Monday, January 31, 2011

Sweet Conversation

At dinner tonight, Ann Catherine asked if Melissa goes to school in Heaven. As I usually do when I don't know the answer, I said, "I don't know. What do you think?"

"I think she does," she answered.

Then she said, "Mommy, when I'm at school I feel Melissa in my heart. But, sometimes I feel like she's right there next to me."

Chris and I just smiled at each other. There was a time that a sentence like that from my daughter concerning Melissa would have paralyzed me. But God is giving me strength and I could definitely feel it.

"She is with you," I told Ann Catherine. And that flowed into a sweet conversation where Lily Baker proceeded to tell us all that Jesus also lives in your heart. I was just waiting for her to ask how there's enough room in there for both Him and Melissa. That would be so Lily Baker :)

I'm so glad Ann Catherine feels Melissa's presence.

It's good to know I'm not alone :)

No comments: