Shabby Blog Background

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Goodbye Spelling

Every parent does it.

Spelling words so you can have a conversation in front of your kids about something you don't want them to know.

Apparently, those days are over for us.

The other night at dinner, we were talking about signing AC up for T-ball. I said to Chris, "You should volunteer to help c-o-a-c-h. They're always looking for dads to help." I was spelling because Chris has a crazy schedule and I didn't know if it was something he could even do.

Ann Catherine immediately jumped up from her chair and said, "Yes, yes, Daddy! Please coach my team!"

Chris gives me that "are you kidding me" look to which I replied, "How was I supposed to know she can spell coach?!"

Oh spelling, we're going to miss you.

You've allowed us to have discussions in front of AC about Christmas and birthday gifts, whether we were going to a hockey game that night and whether this particular checkup had S-H-O-T-S or not.

We're going to miss you.

No comments: