Shabby Blog Background

Monday, August 17, 2009

Swim for Melissa Pix



I think I have finally recovered from this weekend! I wanted to share some pictures from Swim for Melissa.



AC and LB with their cousins Ally and Will. It looks like Will is choking AC! :)



AC and LB with Melissa's Angels, the team that swims in memory of Melissa. It's captained by our sweet neighbors Maura Kate and Celia. We love them!!!



The girls' watching the swimmers with their Daddy




These are the inflatables we have on the grounds of the Hampton House (along with the snow cones and face painting. And did I mention that Publix of Hampton Cove comes out to grill burgers and hot dogs and gives us the proceeds?!). The kids love swimming their laps and then jumping around on the trampolines!



This year's t-shirt was tie-dyed. Weren't they cute?!



This is my friend, Lesli. She had triplets and two of her sons died in the NICU. Her daughter, Smith, swims each year in Swim for Melissa. I have no doubt that God put Lesli in my life. She has taught me so much about how to talk to Ann Catherine about Melissa and how to carry on after the death of a child. I love her!



This is me and Susan Ready, who is in charge of Swim for Melissa (and apparently has a tent growing out of her head! Thanks, Chris :). Susan is one of my best friends and works so hard on this event!



Me and my Jerry! He emcees this event in the blazing hot sun for us every year! What would I do without him?!

And last, but not least, some cool swimming shots of the kids:









There ya go! And again, thanks to those of you who came out and had a good time. And if you didn't take part this year, we hope you will next year!

No comments: