Shabby Blog Background

Friday, August 7, 2009

Day at the Museum

I took my girls to Early Works Children's Museum in downtown Huntsville and all I can say is, I can't believe we hadn't been before now.

It is so neat!

We met some of our friends there and we pretty much stayed in Biscuit's Backyard, which is geared for kids ages six and under. The girls worked at the grocery store and post office, worked on the farm, fed the chickens (all of this is pretend of course!), put on a puppet show, played with the rubber ducks in the water and sang on the front porch. We had a blast and will definitely go back. In fact, I'm thinking about getting a membership because it pays for itself after two - three visits.





AC, Lily and their friend Haedyn (nice belly shot of Lily - oops!)



Lily playing with the rubber ducks. We got a little wet :)



Lily working at the grocery store



Making their crafts



AC singing on the front porch while LB plays the cymbals :)

If you have little kids and you haven't taken them to Early Works, you need to! Biscuit's Backyard is adorable and allows them to play and use their imagination. To learn more, click here.

3 comments:

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

love early works!! we had sam's
3rd birthday party there and it was a great place for a party as well!! glad ya'll had a great day... cute pics of the girls!!

~Jennifer

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Hey Amy! I found your blog through Kera's. We are good friends from church. :) I'm so glad to have found you. I just read about your visit to Early Works. We had a membership there that just expired, but we LOVED it! I had to tell you a funny story about the water tub. One time Noah was digging in there for fish and he reached a little too far and down low...and he flipped over head first into the water tub. It was halarious! He was completely drenched! It just so happened that I didn't even have a change of clothes in the van. We had to spend about $20 on a BIscuit souvenir shirt for him to wear. Too funny! :) Thankfully it was a Saturday and Ben was with me. They said that they have kids fall in all the time. Your kids are just precious by the way. :)
Anna Morrow

Amy said...

Anna,
So good to hear from you! I'm glad you found my blog. That's a great story! Actually, I didn't see the aprons when we first got there and Lily Baker was just soaked after a few minutes of playing with the ducks. I do believe it was one of her favorite parts!

Take care!

Amy