Shabby Blog Background

Monday, March 9, 2009

My (Almost) Favorite Day of the Year

Except for my daughters' birthdays, my husband's birthday, my anniversary and Christmas, yesterday was my favorite day of the year!!

Why, you ask?

Daylight Saving Time!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE getting that extra hour of daylight in the evenings during the summer. I love that, on most days, it will still be daylight when Chris gets home and the girls can enjoy the outdoors with him or we can take a stroll around the neighborhood together.

It is so depressing to me in the winter when it starts getting dark as early as 4:30 p.m. I'm not kidding. I just hate it!!

To me, Daylight Saving Time means spring is just around the corner. It signals short sleeve shirts and shorts, grilling out and just enjoying the evenings outside with Chris and the girls.

On a side note, hasn't the weather just been fabulous lately?! Today the girls and I just enjoyed being outside. I snapped these pictures as they rode their trikes in the driveway. (I don't know what is up with AC and that fake smile. And yes, Chris informed me that LB looks a bit disheveled. Cut her some slack. She had just woken up from her nap! :) My favorite part of her picture is her two bunnies shoved in the basket.)





I know we are in store for some 50s still, but I truly can't wait to usher in spring. It's time!

1 comment:

Daddy Dale and Mommy Jen said...

Amy,
I totally agree!
It is so nice to get home from work and have time to take Addie and Alex outside. There is just not enough time during the weekend to do everything! The girls and their bikes are too cute. :)