Shabby Blog Background

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Disney on Ice and Tate Farms



Quite a combination, isn't it?

We did both this past week and had so much fun! Thursday we took the girls to Disney on Ice at the VBC. They had such a good time! Ann Catherine was absolutely mesmerized during the first thirty minutes. I don't think she blinked her eyes. Lily was a little skittish at first and would grab onto me when the music got loud or the skaters came near us, but I think it's because they started with the Lion King and it was a little loud. After that, she was just fine.



This is a picture of Lily once she got comfortable. She was quite taken by it all!



This is Ann Catherine eating her $6 box of popcorn. What can I say? It was Disney - right down to the prices!

On Saturday, we took the girls to Tate Farms. I absolutely LOVE going there! Last year, Lily wasn't even one yet, so she didn't really know what was going on. This year was so fun because she was old enough to really enjoy it.



This is Lily petting a goat. She also petted a rabbit. I was so happy that she wasn't afraid!




This is Ann Catherine's favorite part - the Corn Crib! She and Lily both loved jumping in the corn.




We took a hayride to pick out our pumpkins. We picked out two big pumpkins and two "baby" pumpkins. My friend, Susan, is coming over this week to help the girls decorate them (because their mommy is artistically challenged!).

If you haven't been to Tate Farms yet, take your kids before Halloween. I promise you won't regret it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the photos. I just hope Chris shared his dippin dots with the girls. :) Jerry

TinyPeopleNurse said...

We did Tate Farms last weekend and Disney on Ice this weekend. Too much fun really!

Anonymous said...

We're going to Tate Farms tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Hey this is Brandi. "Austin's Aunt"-Remember little Austin? I'm sure you do. Anyways, I took my son to Tate Farms this past Saturday and I couldn't agree with you more. I don't see how someone could regret it. It looks like you and your family had just as much fun as my cousins, my son & I did. (Even though my son is only 9 months old, I still enjoyed taking him.) Oh, and just wondering, just because you are a stay at home mom, are you going to quit your blogs? You can email me back at connorsmom2008@yahoo.com. I can't wait to hear back from you. I also have a few more things about the blogs to talk about! Thanks Amy!
We love you & Miss you. And yes, of course, we miss Chris on the ice!!! LOL!