Shabby Blog Background

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Where is the Dye?!

Much like their parents, my girls are creatures of habit.

Each year, we dye Easter eggs. Dye being the operative word.

This year, I came home with the wrong thing. Have you seen how many Paz packets there are these days?! There were just so many choices: glitter, sparkle, mini-monsters, camo...I thought my head was going to explode! I just wanted some little dye pills. Is that too much too ask?

I chose glitter, and instead of dye it contained paint. I didn't realize this until we were about to dye our eggs. Chris told me not to worry, that the girls would probably enjoy painting them instead.

Wrong.

Ann Catherine almost had a "come apart" when she realized we weren't dyeing them. "But we always dye them!!"

So off to the grocery store I went to find some dye.

I found it. And all was right with the world.





The girls had a blast. Then today, they got their Easter gifts a day early from Gammy and Gramps who spent the week with us. They were pumped!





LB's loot!



AC's loot!




Notice they each got the larger than life chocolate bunny. That was the most exciting part. "I want to eat him!" Lily Baker cried.

And they did. You can't see it here, but AC's is already missing his ear. :)



Oh! And my Easter Lily! Another bud opened. There's just one left and I think it's going to open tomorrow on Easter. How cool is that?!

No comments: