Shabby Blog Background

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Lunchboxes are In!




How cute is this?!

This is one of the retro tin Havoc lunchboxes that we are giving away on Melissa George Night this Saturday! The first 1,000 fans who bring an item for the NICU to the game will get this lunch box. I have to admit, when the Havoc staff first came up with the idea I wasn't so sure, but once I saw them I loved them!! Plus, it reminds me of my Peanuts lunchbox that I took to school as a kid. Ahhh...the memories :)

Here's the info:

Melissa George Night at the Huntsville Havoc game
Saturday, January 9th at the VBC Arena
Puck drops at 7:30 p.m.

What items can you bring?
premature clothing
blankets
hats
socks
disposable cameras

Why disposable cameras? Because NICU parents can't be with their babies 24 hours a day and sometimes they miss special moments. For example, AC got her first bath in the middle of the night and we weren't there. We left a disposable camera at her bedside and the nurse captured this special moment for us. Providing disposable cameras are a great way to reach out to parents in our NICU!

Now to the jerseys!! I wish I had taken a picture of them when I was at the Havoc office last week. They are awesome! We took the handprints of actual babies who were in our NICU and put them on the jerseys - in blue and pink! They are so neat! After the game, we will auction them off and all of the proceeds will go to Melissa's Fund. We will also auction off the pink sticks that the players will use during warm-ups.

To get tickets, call the Havoc office at 518-6160, the VBC ticket office at 534-3603 or visit www.ticketmaster.com. We hope to see you there!!

4 comments:

The Hall Family said...

Amy,
I wish we would make it, but since I am on bedrest waiting on Kinsley we will not be there. Thank you for helping babies and families in the NICU!

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

We cant wait to go!! I saw the lunch boxes on the news last night and told Chad Sam is gonna love that!! We will be there and maybe we'll run into ya'll again!!
cant wait to see the jerseys!!

Amy said...

Heather,
I can't believe Kinsley is almost here! Maybe next year you can bring her to the hockey game :)
Jenn, I hope we see ya'll there!!

Amy

Maroussia said...

It will be great to watch Pink, i have bought tickets from
http://ticketfront.com/event/Pink-tickets looking forward to it.