Shabby Blog Background

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Moses and Monsters

This was AC's prayer at naptime today:

"Dear God, thank you for giving me such a good day.
Thank you for Melissa, Moses and that story we learned today.
Thank you for monsters, animals and little girls.
In your name we pray, Amen."

Moses? It was their Bible story at school today. (You know, the one about baby Moses in the basket.)

Monsters? We read a Sesame Street story before nap. After all, Cookie Monster and Elmo ARE monsters - just nice ones. :)

I love children's prayers, don't you? So simple. They just pray what's on their minds. Sometimes we as adults overthink it. I just can't help but believe Jesus gets a big ole grin on his face when he hears them praying.

As I was leaving her room, she said, "Mommy, no one has a mommy like you."

My heart melted into a million pieces.

I am blessed beyond comprehension.

2 comments:

Candy said...

Precious! JaneClaire thanked God for rainbows the other night. She is learning about Noah in Bible class. It amazes me how they are like little sponges. Never too young to learn about the Bible!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

So sweet. I think Jesus loves children for that very reason. And I love that monsters and Moses were close to the same breath! Awesome!