Shabby Blog Background

Monday, November 30, 2009

It's that Time of Year Again!

You know that phrase, "child-like wonder?"

I saw it last night.

I was looking at Lily Baker when we turned on the lights on our Christmas tree.

I didn't get a picture because I was too busy soaking it up with my own two eyes.

She just stared at the tree with her mouth opened wide.

It was amazing.

We love decorating for Christmas. And we always try to do it the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

This year, Chris threw in a twist. He bought a second tree - just for the girls. He put it in our keeping room. AC and LB have their own little table in that room and they spend a lot of time there.

We didn't have to buy any new ornaments for that tree. We just took all of the ornaments that the girls have made or that have been given to them, and we put them on their tree. They love it!







Then we moved onto our big tree. LB was a lot of help!







My most favorite part is when we put our angel on the top of the tree. We let AC pick it out last year and we put it on our tree in memory of Melissa, because she is our angel in Heaven.

Before Chris put it on top of the tree, AC asked him if she could hold it. She took it, kissed it and said, "I love you, Melissa."

We all do.

I got a little sad last night because I thought of Melissa and how she should be there decorating the tree with us. But our angel on top of the tree gives me so much comfort. It will always be special to our family.







That picture of LB gives you an idea of her child-like wonder. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all had that at Christmas?!

No comments: