Shabby Blog Background

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

AC's Version of the Bible

Today Ann Catherine just could not go to sleep for her nap. When I realized it was a lost cause, I told her she could stay up but she had to play quietly because I needed to do my Bible study. She agreed that she would. I put on one of her favorite tv shows and I began doing my study at the dining room table.

After a while she got a little bored and came over to the table. I reminded her that I needed to do my Bible study and she needed to go and play. She said she wanted to sit down next to me, so I suggested that she grab her Bible and read it while I did my Bible study.

She ran to her room and returned with her Bible. She sat down next to me and started reading out loud. "Baby Jesus laid down in his crib to go to sleep and he ate a piece of carrot."

"Hmm, I didn't know the Baby Jesus liked carrots," I said. I was trying not to laugh.

She continued, "then the angels came down from Heaven and he started to cry."

"Wow, that's very interesting," I said. "Read some more to me."

She flipped the pages and said, "Mommy, this part is called 'the Lord gives you lots of toys for the beach.'"

I kid you not. I bit my lip trying not to laugh. I didn't have the heart to tell her that part just wasn't in my Bible. Plus, in a way, the Lord does give you all of your toys for the beach, right?

Ann Catherine's version of the Bible may not be the same as mine, but I have to admit, it was pretty entertaining. :)

4 comments:

hamradiotv said...

I like this storey

Cabra said...

haha!!! too funny!

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

That is too cute Amy!

Glenni Lorick said...

Amy, this needs to find it's way into a VB column! I love it!!