Shabby Blog Background

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Miss My Routine!

I have been under the weather the past couple of days. Yesterday I felt so bad that Chris had to get the girls up and ready for mother's morning out.

As I laid in bed feeling lousy, I could hear their voices on the monitor. I heard Ann Catherine start to cry when Chris said he was taking her to school instead of mommy (not that she doesn't love Chris, but mommy always takes her!). I heard Lily walking in the den and saying, "Mommy, where are you?" I heard them getting dressed, eating breakfast - all of the things they do with me each day.

And I realized - I miss my routine.

My girls go to a mother's morning out a few mornings a week and, unless something major comes up, I always take them. I get them dressed, I feed them and I drive them to school. After all, Chris works and this is why I stay home.

Chris told me Ann Catherine had a meltdown on the way to school because he went a different way than I go. "This is not the way mommy goes!" Ann Catherine cried. What can I say? The child is a creature of habit.

This life I have may not be the most exciting life in the world, but it's my life - and I love it. You don't realize that until you are sick and stuck in bed.

Speaking of staying home, can I just say how bad TV is in the mornings? I never realized it because in the morning our TV is always on PBS or Disney Channel.

Seriously, I flipped and flipped yesterday and couldn't find anything worth watching. I was over "The View" a long time ago when it became so mean and political. However, I also didn't care about watching the 8th hour of "The Today Show" and the "Price is Right" doesn't excite me either. I finally just crawled out of bed, grabbed The Huntsville Times and read it in bed. It was better than anything on television.

I'm just hoping this is over soon! I miss taking care of my girls and doing all those "mommy" things.

4 comments:

The Titsworth Family said...

Amy, I hope you feel better soon! I think it's so sweet that Ann Catherine knows the way to school. What a smart little girl! Oh and daytime tv really does stink. We mostly leave ours on PBS too unless I catch a lifetime movie during naptime. :)

Cabra said...

Hope you feel better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you don't feel well. I know how bad television is in the mornings too. When my son is home all he wants to watch is the Noggin channel. If I ever get the remote I try to catch the news at noon and then maybe Days of Our Lives if possible. But that doesn't happen if he is not at daycare.

Melissa @ The Littlest Lobo said...

Sorry to hear you are sick! I'm finally getting over this 2 week sinus infection. You are right about daytime tv! I usually turn on Price is Right or watch something on tivo. Brad makes fun of me for watching Price, but it is mindless and it doesn't matter if you miss something when you are taking care of the baby. Feel better soon!