Shabby Blog Background

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Spirit of Hope

Last night's Spirit of Hope was so much fun!

We had a great turnout, and not only did I get to see a lot of friends (many of whom we met through our NICU experiences), but I also got to meet some other parents for the first who also share our common bond. They either had a child in the NICU, or they lost a child in the NICU. It is so nice to be able to meet people who have been through this similar journey.

To those of you who came, thank you! So many families told me the Spirit of Hope tree lighting has become a holiday tradition within their family. I think it gives families, such as ours, an outlet to celebrate the lives of our children - whether they are still with us or in Heaven. I am so proud to be part of an event that gives parents that special opportunity.

And thank you to those of you who dedicated a light on the Hope for the Future tree. Even though the tree is lit, it's not too late to dedicate a light. To do so, call Huntsville Hospital Foundation at 265-8077 or click here. All proceeds benefit the Melissa George Neonatal Memorial Fund and we will use the money to purchase critically needed equipment for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children.

As you drive past Huntsville Hospital during the holiday season and you see those lights, remember they aren't just decorations. They represent hope for children and families across the Tennessee Valley.

Channel 19 aired the tree lighting live and you can watch the video below.

1 comment:

Cabra said...

You are one busy lady!! I can harldy post one or two short posts a week to my blog. You do so well!! This video is great. I know your arm must have been killing you! I can barely hold Hunter with one arm for long and Lily is almost as big as you now ;-). Glad I found your blog!