Shabby Blog Background

Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Leisurely Weekend


If ever I needed a relaxing weekend, this was it.

Swim for Melissa is next weekend (I can't believe it!) and I've been working hard on it. This past week was a pretty stressful one, because I've been working on all of those details that can trip you up before a big event. So, I was really ready for a relaxing weekend and I got one.

Saturday morning we didn't have to be anywhere. My kids woke up and I decided to make pancakes. I let Ann Catherine help me make the batter, then I made them for the family. We rarely get to sit down and have breakfast together so that was a real treat.

We just relaxed the rest of the morning. Ann Catherine loves to play with her baby dolls and "mother" them. She took one of her baby dolls and covered her with a blanket. The next thing I knew, she was out of dolls and taking stuffed animals and covering them too. When it was all said and done, she had eleven blankets in the middle of Lily's room, covering her dolls and animals. You could barely find a place to walk! I snapped the picture above.

She reminds me of myself when she does this. I LOVED playing with baby dolls when I was little and taking care of them. I have a picture of me when I was younger - I'm sitting on the couch under a blanket and I have several dolls on both sides of me. I can see myself so easily in Ann Catherine.

The rest of the weekend was great. Ann Catherine went with me Saturday morning to find a dress for Miracle Bash, while Lily went with Chris to Publix. This morning, we went to church and then after their nap we took them to the pool. It was just a great way to cap off a wonderful weekend.

Now, it's back to the grindstone! This week will be a pretty stressful one for me, but it will all be worth it once it's over. By the way, if you haven't visited the Swim for Melissa website lately, click here. I'm so excited about the money we are raising!

No comments: