Shabby Blog Background

Monday, July 28, 2008

Growing Up Too Fast


I took a three-year-old to the beach...

...and came back with a six-year-old.

Not literally, but it seems like it.

You see, we went to the beach earlier this month and spent a long weekend with my parents, my sister and her husband and my niece and nephew.

My niece, Ally, is 9. My nephew, Will, is 6. Needless to say, they watch "Hannah Montana" and "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" around the clock.

So, Ann Catherine watched it too. And now she is hooked.

Seriously, she LOVES these shows. I've been amazed at how she'll actually sit down and watch them.

This weekend, there was a 3-D concert Hannah Montana concert on the Disney Channel. My niece and nephew were at my mom's house, so Ann Catherine and Lily went too. Earlier in the day, I took her and Ally to Target and got them matching Hannah Montana shirts (she's wearing it in the picture).

She wore it Saturday night while they watched the movie, and insisted on wearing it all day Sunday.

She can sing "Best of Both Worlds" word for word. Just ask her Gammy and Gramps. She sang it long-distance for them the other night.

She has a crush on Zack and Cody. If they're on the Disney Channel, she jumps up and down yelling, "Zack and Cody!" I think it's breaking Chris' heart.

The shows really aren't that bad. I've found myself watching it with her and enjoying it. It's just the fact that my little girl seems so grown up at times.

Don't get me wrong. She still loves The Wiggles, and loves watching cartoons on Playhouse Disney. I just thought it would be a little longer before she starting watching big girl shows. My little girl is growing up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Mary Win and Ginny Tate's world! They love those shows as well. Now you can look forward to Camp Rock and the Jonas Brothers!

Olivia