Shabby Blog Background

Monday, August 18, 2008

A Rough Week





So much for "mommy immunity."

You know that stomach virus that went through our house earlier this week? I finally got it Thursday afternoon. I went to bed at 4:15 p.m. and didn't get up until 11 the next morning. Even when I got up, I just laid on the sofa. I told Chris this weekend I don't think be able to eat Saltine crackers for another year.

I finally started feeling better Saturday and was dying to hang out with my kids. I sent them to my mom's house Thursday afternoon and they didn't come home until Saturday morning. I just miss them so much while they are away.

I wanted to share some cute pix I snapped Saturday. The first photos I posted above are of the girls painting outside on our patio (yes, it's washable!). They had such a good time! I put old t-shirts on them, and I just let them paint away. It was so much fun for them.

The next photo is of them at their table. I snapped this while they were coloring and watching one of their favorite DVDs. I just love seeing them together.

The last picture is of Ann Catherine "feeding" her baby. Ann Catherine LOVES to play with baby dolls and she loves to mother them. When we got home from church Sunday, she put her baby doll in Lily's booster seat and gave her a bottle. I thought it was just too cute.

I think our household is finally on the mend. I hear this stomach virus is going around, so I hope it doesn't make it's way to your house!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy-

I feel for you! Shelby had that virus a few weeks ago and then I got it. It took us both about a week to get over it. Glad you are finally feeling better!