Shabby Blog Background

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Are You Ready for Some Football?!






We had a fun evening. We went to the Kickoff Party of the Madison County Alabama Alumni Chapter.

We took the kids because Big Al was going to be there. Ann Catherine was so excited! She kept telling me today, "We're going to see Big Al, mommy!"

Well, apparently she likes Big Al from afar. As soon as he started walking through the crowd, she grabbed a hold of my dad and starting saying, "I don't want my picture made with Big Al!" It's the same with Chaos at the Huntsville Havoc games. She loves him as long as he's across the arena. As soon as he comes near, she's crawling in my lap.

Chris held Lily and they got their picture made with Big Al. As you can see, Lily was so intrigued by him, she just stared at him instead of looking at the camera.

The party was at the Davidson Center at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. If you haven't been there, you need to go. It's absolutely amazing! It houses an actual Saturn V rocket, along with other space memorabilia. Apollo 13 is one of my favorite movies, so I got a kick out of seeing materials from that flight.

Roger Schultz, the former Alabama player who was also on NBC's "The Biggest Loser," was the guest speaker. He is a hoot! He had some great stories.

About thirty minutes into the night, Chris and Ann Catherine went to walk around. The next thing I know, she's running towards me in a white jersey with a pink 14 on it (for John Parker Wilson). She was so proud of her jersey. Then a few minutes later, he and Lily went for a walk and she came back with one too. They looked adorable.

I enjoy football, and I love Alabama, but I'm not one of those people who lets a football game ruin their weekend. Even so, I hope this football season is better than the last few. :)

1 comment:

Daddy Dale and Mommy Jen said...

Amy,
The jersey's are precious!
Glad to see that you all had a great time. Yes, we are ready for some football. Back home, high school football was our every Friday night routine. Even pregnant with twins, I was at every game. We are headed back home next weekend for the 1st game of the season. You will have to check out Addie and Alex's outfits in next weekends blog post! Enjoy the weekend.
Jennifer