Shabby Blog Background

Monday, August 20, 2007

A Mommy Moment

Every so often, you have what I call "mommy moments."

They are those moments when you realize how incredibly blessed you are to be a mother.

I had one the other day.

Chris, Ann Catherine, Lily and I were playing in the play room after dinner. The girls were playing with their Fisher Price "Learning Home" (which I highly recommend, by the way, if you have little ones. It is so much fun with so many items to grab their attention.)

The home has a little mailbox with pretend letters. Ann Catherine took one out of the mailbox and brought it to me.

"What does it say?" I asked.

"Dear Mommy," she said.

"What else?" I asked.

She said, "Best Mommy."

I looked at Chris and began to cry. How did I get so lucky to have two little people on this Earth who think I am so special?

Seriously, what did I do in life to deserve such an incredible gift?

I don't know if I deserve it, but I am so grateful for it.

No comments: