Shabby Blog Background

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Beyond My Wildest Dreams

A couple of weeks ago, I told you we had raised $105,000 from Swim for Melissa. But I also told you those were unofficial results, as money was still coming in.

The final total is even better.

After figuring out our expenses and how much we brought in, I can now tell you that Swim for Melissa raised $115,000 for the Melissa George Neonatal Memorial Fund.

Is that incredible or what?!

That's almost triple what we raised last year and will be enough to buy three Giraffe OmniBeds for the Neonatal ICU at Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children. Going into the event, I knew the numbers looked good and I hoped we might be able to buy two Giraffe OmniBeds.

I never dreamed we would be able to buy three.

Sweet, beautiful, precious babies - babies who are someone's child, someone's grandchild, someone's brother or sister - will benefit from these beds for years to come. And it's because of total strangers who believe in Melissa's Fund and what we are doing.

The purchase of three new Giraffe OmniBeds will bring the total in the NICU to five. Just think - there are babies laying in those beds at this very moment fighting with every breath and fiber of being in their tiny little bodies to survive. And these beds are giving them a better chance.

I am incredibly humbled and in awe of what we've been able to accomplish in just under two years. My sincere and heartfelt thanks to those who have embraced Melissa's Fund and supported it with your time and efforts and money.

Your donation is saving lives.

Literally.

And as I often say, as the mother of two premature infants, I can tell you there is no greater gift.

No comments: