Shabby Blog Background

Monday, June 16, 2008

Chris and His Girls


I hope all of you dads had a good Father's Day. We had a really good day Sunday. We got up and went to church. Before we left, we gave Chris his Father's Day gift - two new golf clubs! Not a bad gift, if I do say so myself. :)

After we went to church, the girls napped. Then we took them to the swimming pool. They loved it and had such a good time. After that, we grilled out. It was just a great day.

Ann Catherine kept telling me it was "Daddy's day, not your day, Mommy." Leave it to our kids to keep us grounded.

I'm glad Ann Catherine and Lily have such a great dad. A dad who pretends to put "pink highlights" in their hair at bathtime. A dad who acts like his daughter is the most beautiful person he's ever seen when she goes running to him saying, "Daddy, look at my pretty dress!" A dad who tells his daughters, "I love your mommy."

I have always told Chris that the way he treats me is the way his daughters will expect to be treated by other men. If he treats me with love and respect, they'll expect the same. If he's rude and disrespectful to me, they'll look for that in a man.

Luckily for them, they have a great role model. A father who loves his kids, loves his wife and loves his family.

There is no greater gift he could give his daughters.

No comments: