Shabby Blog Background

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sick Kids

To those of you who read this blog on a regular basis, forgive me. It's been a while since I've blogged. Unfortunately, my kids have been sick.

I'm telling you: this winter has not been a good one for us.

Lily had an appointment with the doctor this week to talk about getting tubes. She is a prime candidate for them, and quite honestly, I'm looking forward to it. Ann Catherine got them a year ago and hasn't had an ear infection since. The surgery itself only takes minutes. The worst part is the 30 minutes after surgery when your child is coming out of the anesthesia. I remember Ann Catherine was just crazy. She was so miserable, mad - the works. But it was a small price to pay to get rid of all of those ear infections.

Then on that same day, Ann Catherine started feeling bad and began running a fever. By the time I got her to the doctor, she had a 103.5 degree fever and was so sick and lethargic. They gave her a shot and then Chris and I alternated giving her Tylenol and Motrin throughout the night. Needless to say, we haven't gotten much sleep this week!

Everyone is getting better now. I'm looking forward to a full night of sleep for the first time this week. Here's hoping we get it.

No comments: