Shabby Blog Background

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Morning with Mojo




I got up bright and early this morning (as in, 4:30 a.m.!!) to be on the Mojo Radio Show on WZYP. I went on to talk about Melissa George Night at the Huntsville Havoc game this weekend.

Mojo is the voice of the Havoc. He'll have his own jersey to auction off after the game Saturday night. (See post below to learn more about the game.)

I had a blast with Mojo. He's a great guy and I appreciate him letting me come on his show to promote the big night. Morning radio is so much fun. It's so hard pulling yourself out of bed, but once you get there, it's a great format and a lot of fun.

Mojo also put 20 tickets to the Hannah Montana "Best of Both Worlds" concert movie on ebay and auctioned them off for the Melissa George Neonatal Memorial Fund. They raised $810.01. Thanks Mojo and ZYP!

One of the highlights of the morning was a phone call on-air from a mom who's child was in the Neonatal ICU at Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children years ago. She told me they didn't think her daughter would live through the night when she was born, and even if she did, they thought she would probably have developmental delays. Instead, she's a pre-med student in college. How awesome is that? I love hearing stories like that.

Thanks also to Fish at The Rocket 95.1 for letting me come on his morning show yesterday (unfortunately, I forgot my camera!) Let me tell you, that guy is a trip! Freak Daddy with the Rocket also has a jersey that he'll auction off Saturday night and he went on the show with me to promote it.

In addition to that, I was on WHNT Wednesday morning, talking about the jersey auction with my buddy, Lisa Washington. To see that video, just click here.

I can't wait until Saturday night. It's going to be great! If you haven't purchased tickets yet, do it now, because it's almost sold out. You can call 518-6160 or email tickets@hsvsports.com.

No comments: