Shabby Blog Background

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Happy Birthday Ann Catherine!





Whew - what a day!

Nothing like a 2-year-old's birthday party to absolutely wear you out!

What a wonderful day we had. Today was Ann Catherine's birthday party. We had it in our backyard and the weather was just right. It was overcast and warm, but not sweltering hot.

Ann Catherine had such a good time. She played her little heart out. When everyone first got there, the children played on our playground. Then, Chris grilled burgers and hot dogs and we had lunch. Then, we had cake. She had an Elmo birthday cake - which she loved!

The sweetest part of the day was when everyone sang "Happy Birthday." She just smiled from ear to ear. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Then, we opened presents - and let me tell you - it was just mass chaos. She was tearing things open before I could even figure out who gave it to her. And then after she opened one gift, she moved onto the next. Once everyone left, she was so tired. We put her to bed and she took a two and a half hour nap. Then tonight, we went to Rosie's and had dinner with Chris' parents, my parents, my sister Suzie and brother-in-law Scott, my niece Ally and nephew Will. Ann Catherine loves Ally & Will so much and had so much fun with them! My dad gave the grandchildren pennies and they threw them into the fountain outside. Every time Ann Catherine's penny went in, she would put her arms up in the air and say, "Yeah!"

What an amazing day! When I put her to bed tonight and we said our prayers, I thanked God for giving us such a special day. These are the days I wouldn't take a million dollars for. When our girls grow up, these are the days Chris and I will always remember.

They are truly priceless.

No comments: