Shabby Blog Background

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Great Events for Melissa's Fund!

Okay ladies, if you're like me, you LOVE shopping for new clothes!

I have a way for you to see the very latest in spring and summer fashions and help premature babies at the same time.

Friday, April 27th, the duMidi Woman's Club is hosting a Talbot's fashion show with part of the proceeds going to the Melissa George Neonatal Memorial Fund.

It's going to be a lot of fun! Doors open at 10:30 am for the silent auction with lunch served at noon. Tickets are $30 and to order call 534-8803.

I hope you can come out and support a great cause!

If clothes aren't your thing - but you have small children who love to play with cars - I have just the event! The Huntsville Quarter Midget Racing Association is "Racing for Life" this Saturday, April 20th. I didn't know much about quarter midget racing until they approached me, but I visited their website and it looks really cool! Kids ages 5 to 16 race in quarter midget cars that are a scaled down version of an actual midget race car on oval tracks that are approximately 1/20th of a mile. They even have pit crews and chief mechanics!

I was thrilled when they approached us about doing something for Melissa's Fund. Terry Maples is a Havoc hockey fan and was there the night of the jersey auction. His son races and he got the idea to do something for the fund. I was delighted!

The event is free, but all proceeds from racing fees for the competitors and t-shirt sales will go to Melissa's Fund. So if you're looking for something fun to do this weekend - head on out - and buy a t-shirt while you're there!

To learn more about the race, or get directions to the race track, click here.

No comments: