Shabby Blog Background

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Funny Valentines



I took these pictures of Lily and Ann Catherine tonight. Ann Catherine had a Valentine's Day party at her daycare today. They made sugar cookies with sprinkles - in fact, I think she was still on the sugar high when I got home tonight :) She also brought home a couple of things she had made. One had her hand prints on them. It almost made me cry looking at how sweet and tiny her little hands are. The "artwork" will go on the wall of her playroom. We got that idea from a friend of ours. That way, what she makes at school doesn't just disappear into some drawer.

Lily turned 3 months old today! Hard to believe. A couple of weeks ago, we went for her 2 month checkup and she weighed 12.6 lbs. Chris and I laughed because at that age, Ann Catherine only weighed about 4 1/2 lbs. They are just so different! Lily is in the 90th percentile of weight and height. She's a little chunky monkey :)

Chris got Ann Catherine and Lily candy and teddy bears for Valentine's Day. I told him after Ann Catherine was born, that a little girl's first Valentine's Day gift should always be from her daddy. Growing up, my dad got me and my sister flowers or candy every Valentine's Day. I think it's so important for men to show that kind of love to their little girls. I always tell Chris I think his responsibility as a dad is so important, because the way he treats Ann Catherine and Lily is the way they'll expect other men to treat them in the future. That's so important. I'm so glad that Chris is such a good daddy. I just feel sorry for the first little boy who tries to take AC or Lily out on a date. The hockey stick just might come out of retirement :)

No comments: