Shabby Blog Background

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I Must Be Dreaming!

I wake up and look at the alarm clock.

7:09 a.m.

I must be dreaming!


But I check Lily's bassinet and realize 'nope, this is real.'

She's still asleep!

Still asleep as in - we put her down at 8:30 p.m. and she slept until 7 a.m.

If you've ever had a baby, you know the exhilaration of the first time she sleeps through the night. Up until now, the latest she has slept is until 5:45 a.m. Normally, she wakes up to eat anywhere between 3 and 4 a.m. I get up and feed her, put her back down and she wakes back up anywhere between 6 and 7 a.m.

Now keep in mind that because I work "nightside", I don't leave the station until after 10 p.m. That means I go to bed - after unwinding - usually around 11 or 11:30 p.m. By the time I get in that really good sleep, Lily is waking up to eat.

And the kicker in all of this is that Ann Catherine slept until 7:30 a.m. (She usually wakes up between 6:30 and 7.)

I figured it out this morning - this is the first time I have slept through the night in 6 months. For the past three months, I was waking up in the middle of the night to feed Lily. Then during the three months before that, I was in my third trimester and getting up 2-3 times a night to go to the bathroom.

Thank you Lord! My life has been CRAZY lately, and this full night's rest could not have come at a better time.

No comments: