Shabby Blog Background

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spring has Sprung!

And oh, am I a happy camper!

I love this time of year. The gray dreariness of winter is gone and everything is renewed - what a perfect time for Easter this year!

I've been looking forward to today for a while - a Saturday with no t-ball, no soccer, no birthday parties, no activities. Chris and I decided we would plant our flowers.

But before we could do that, we dyed Easter Eggs this morning. The girls love doing this with Chris. We decided on pastel colors this year and the girls loved getting their eggs the "perfect" color.



After that, we headed outside to plant. Chris built a vegetable garden in the backyard for me last weekend. Today he planted tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, squash and strawberries. I can't wait until it's ready! There is nothing better than fresh vegetables from the garden.

From there, we went to the front yard. LB is my little gardner. She LOVES planting flowers, which thrills my dad to no end. My dad loves working in the garden. He has the most beautiful flowers and has always has a vegetable garden. When we go to my mom and dad's house LB says, "Come on Poppy! Let's go work in the garden!" (Now if she just goes to pharmacy school that will be a double whammy for him! :)

She was so excited today to help plant flowers. She loved digging the holes for Chris. Then after he planted them, she'd water them.



AC, on the other hand, isn't quite as crazy about gardening. Within a few moments, she started saying, "Mommy, I'm thirsty" or "Mommy, I need a popsicle." Her favorite part was playing with the water hose once we were finished. :) I love these pictures of LB chasing her with the water!






After that, we went back to the backyard and got out the water sprinkler. As the girls ran through the sprinkler, squealing with delight, I thought it's funny how we spend so much money buying our kids the "right" toys when a backyard water sprinkler makes them happier than anything.

And the cherry on top of the sundae? The ice cream truck came through our neighborhood! The girls both got a popsicle.




What a perfect ending to a perfect day!

No comments: