Shabby Blog Background

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Jerry and the Girls



There are three questions I am frequently asked by people who used to watch me on the news:

1. How are the girls?
2. Do you miss being on TV?
3. Do you keep in touch with Jerry?

As most of you know, they are talking about Jerry Hayes, my former co-anchor at WHNT. The answer to that question is yes. Jerry is one of my dearest friends. I often tell people that when you anchor with someone, you have to develop such a trust and a bond with them. Viewers can tell when anchors genuinely like each other. When we worked together, Jerry and I always got a kick out of telling people he was my "TV husband." Seriously, there were days that I spent more time with him than I did my own husband! And speaking of Chris, he and Jerry are very close, too. Jerry was there for us when we lost Melissa, and he was one of the first people I told that I was pregnant with Lily. That man can keep a secret like no one! We didn't start telling people we were pregnant with Lily until I was 6 months pregnant, so when people at Channel 19 started murmuring because it was obvious I was gaining weight, Jerry would just say, "I have no idea." I loved him for that!

The other night, Jerry came to see us and he brought the girls the cutest Christmas presents: matching kid-sized Alabama chairs! He wanted them to have them in time for the Sugar Bowl. Of course, the girls were thrilled to see him and they love their new chairs.



I snapped these cute pictures, but I especially love the ones of Jerry and Lily. When he picked her up, she just started babbling and went on, and on, and on. We don't know what she told him, but Jerry was taking it all in!





By the way, Happy 2009 to everyone! Here's to a wonderful and healthy new year!

No comments: