Shabby Blog Background

Monday, April 14, 2008

What a Weekend!

We had a busy weekend, but it was also a great one!

As many of you know, there is nothing I would rather do than spend time with Chris, Ann Catherine and Lily. We did that Saturday morning, but before I tell you about it, I must tell you what Chris did Friday morning.

He went to Ann Catherine's daycare for "Doughnuts with Dad." Is that cute or what?

I was so jealous! And I don't know who was more excited about it, Chris or Ann Catherine.

Ann Catherine's daycare celebrates Fathers Day in April because some of the children don't attend daycare in the summer. So during all of last week, they made things for the fathers and then celebrated on Friday.

What I wouldn't have given to have seen Chris sitting in a tiny little chair at that tiny little table :)

After he and Ann Catherine ate their doughnuts, she gave him his gifts: a Fruit Loop necklace, a card with her handprint and a key chain with her picture on it. It was such a special time for the two of them, and I'm glad they got to do it.

On Saturday, we took part in the Walk for Autism. A friend of Ann Catherine's (whose parents are good friends of ours) is Autistic and she, Lily, Chris and I walked on his team. We had such a good time. Autism is just heartbreaking to me, and the fact that insurance doesn't cover much of the therapy is just outrageous. Chris and I wanted to do our small part to show our support to those families who are dealing with it every day. The girls had so much fun playing outside at the walk. Afterwards, we took them to McDonalds and we ate outside. It truly was a perfect morning and afternoon.

Then on Saturday night, Chris and I went to the grand opening of The Westin Huntsville. We were excited to go because we are having the Miracle Bash there in August, and I couldn't wait to see what it looked like. Believe me, we weren't disappointed! It is an incredible venue and I can't wait to have our event there! It is going to be fabulous!

No comments: