Shabby Blog Background

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bunk Beds in Heaven

I never want to forget the conversation I had with Ann Catherine this morning. So I'm writing it down (or typing it, as the case may be).

It was coming a terrible storm at our house, complete with claps of thunder that made my girls come running to my room in fear. Finally I told Ann Catherine what my mother always told me growing up.

"Thunder just means God's moving his furniture," I relayed to her.

After each clap of thunder, she repeated what I had told her until we finally agreed that apparently God had gotten A LOT of new furniture recently.

"Mommy, what if God is moving his bunk beds?" Then her voice began to rise. "What if he and Melissa share a bunk bed?? What if He sleeps on top and she sleeps on bottom?? How cool is that?" she asked, grinning from ear to ear.

I love how a child's mind works. I love the images that Ann Catherine conjures up of Melissa in Heaven. I love that, in her mind, she and God have these fabulous bunk beds. And more than that, I love that she shares those thoughts with me.

Now if God would just stop moving those bunk beds.... :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! It is so wonderful how you have always included Melissa as such a part of your girls lives. To share another thunder story with you..Tyler was very afraid of thunder when he was smaller. Mrs. Lacina (you probably know Joann) told Tyler the thunder sound was angels bowling in heaven. After that he was no longer afraid of thunder.

Allison Thomas said...

That made me smile and cry at the same time. I always say my dad is playing Tennis with God.

Grace Notes said...

Awww! I love this, Amy! Children's sweet innocence are such a refreshing reminder of how we should try to remain....Child-like faith....Child-like wonder......Oh to hang on to those!!

Anonymous said...

One might think that bunk beds are only for kids. However, there are Trundle beds for adults available, as well.Kids beds are smaller versions of adult twin beds. Children spend much more time sleeping in their beds than adults.