Shabby Blog Background

Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!




First of all, let me send a belated Mother's Day to everyone out there. I would have blogged yesterday, but instead I spent my afternoon doing something wonderful -- I took a three-hour nap with my daughters!

I posted pictures from Muffins with Mom (see post below). The black and whites are the pictures that Ann Catherine's teacher took of Ann Catherine and Lily. She framed the top one and Ann Catherine gave it to me for Mother's Day. The other one is of me and Ann Catherine at Muffins with Mom.

My Mother's Day was a good one. As I have shared with you before, Mother's Day can be very bittersweet for me. I had some very rough moments on Saturday. I just missed Melissa so much. But, Sunday was easier. I just felt so grateful to be a mother.

Not just any mother. But Melissa, Ann Catherine and Lily's mother. I know there are women out there who want to have children so badly, but can't. I feel blessed that God allowed me to give life to three such special little girls. I thank him for giving me the privilege of raising Ann Catherine and Lily. And I thank him for giving me the comfort of knowing that Melissa is safe in his arms. As a mother, I can't tell you the comfort that brings me. Melissa may not be with me, but I do know where she is. And I know that she is well. She's not in pain and she's not struggling. And best of all? She's in the arms of a Heavenly Father who loves her more than I can even understand.

Those are the reasons why I celebrate Mother's Day.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I totally understand what you are saying and I am SO grateful for Savannah...because I have a few friends who haven't been able to have children yet. I, however, am blessed beyond measure with Savannah and don't take her for granted!

On the other side of that, this Mother's Day was much different for me. It's my first one without Tori here, and I'm not 100% at this point yet. Oh, how I long to be, and with time, I pray that the Lord heals my heart enough to be.

I know He will, for in His word it says "There is a time to be still and a time to mourn" (which is where I'm at unfortunately) and then "there is a time to laugh" (which is where I hope to be on Mother's Day and other bittersweet holidays in the future).

All that to say that I totally understand where you're coming from and that I admire you and thank you for sharing your heart. It put into perspective for me the issue of dealing with a loss and the better days I look forward to! God Bless.

Amy said...

Melissa,
Thanks for sharing! I don't think you ever get to a point where Mother's Day is "easy" or the way it was before. But, I do believe that each year you are able to deal with things a little bit better. I am still surprised that three years later, it is still so hard at times. But God is so faithful and has truly carried me on the days where I couldn't take a step. And I know he will do the same for you!

Amy

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I am so thankful to have gotten to know Ann Catherine these past few months. I will miss her so much in the Fall when she goes to the "big girl class". You are a great mother. Thanks for all you do! Mrs. Amanda

Amy said...

Amanda,
Thanks for all you have done for Ann Catherine this year! She loves you and Kris. I look forward to Lily being in your class next year!

Amy