Shabby Blog Background

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Taking Care of a Sick Baby

My little Lily is a sick girl.

She started running a fever Wednesday. A visit to the Pediatrician found that she had an ear infection. In the midst of all this, she had her one-year shots - and there are FOUR of them!!

She has been completely miserable. I mean, the kind of miserable where she wants to be held constantly. Tonight at dinner I held her while Chris ate, and then once he finished he took her so I could eat.

The worst part is Lily is at that age where she can't tell you what's wrong. She can't verbalize her feelings, so all she can do is just cry. Ann Catherine is finally at an age where she can say, "Mommy, my tummy hurts" or "Mommy, my ear hurts." But Lily is still at that age, where she can't tell us. And that just makes it so hard.

Ann Catherine has been so good to Lily while she's been sick. The other morning, Lily was sitting in her chair at breakfast and was feeling pretty bad. Ann Catherine left the table and went to her room. She came back with one of her favorite dolls, handed it to Lily and said, "Here you go, Lily. You can have my baby." I almost cried.

Last night was our first full night of sleep since Lily got sick. We're keeping our fingers crossed that we can sleep through the night again tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a baby on July 24 2004. he wieghed 2pds 3.5oz. He stayed on oxygen for almost three months. He was so preious to me and god bless you for every thing you do.I am so proud to say he made it through all that and today he is 3 years old and very active. I know if it wasn't for you and all of Huntsville Hospital he would not be here today! Thank to everyone,
Angela Anderson