Shabby Blog Background

Monday, September 10, 2007

It's All Part of Being a Mom

"Chris, I need your help."

It was 1:45 a.m. Saturday. Chris got out of bed, walked into the great room and saw quite a sight.

Ann Catherine was sick. It was all over her. And it was all over her mommy too.

Seriously - all over me.

I was standing there thinking, "What do I do now?" Chris grabbed a towel and wiped the floor. Then we got AC's pjs off and put her in the tub. I too had to jump in the shower. That's how bad it was.

Kids have truly perfected the art of projectile vomiting. It's like a geyser that just starts spewing.

I call it the part of motherhood that no one tells you about.

When you are trying to get pregnant, you dream of holding that sweet, precious baby in your arms. You dream of their sweet-smelling scent. You dream of snuggling up together and taking naps in the afternoon.

But no one tells you about all the times you'll get peed on, pooped on and thrown up on.

If you're a mom, it's part of the job.

Those with weak stomachs need not apply.

No comments: